[Typo3] indexed_seach: indexing error with german special - chars

Fink Heinrich Heinrich.Fink at birner.at
Tue Aug 9 14:19:48 CEST 2005

***********************
Your mail has been scanned by Birner-IT VirusWall
***********-***********

Ok, I finally solved the problem by installing the version of indexed_search found in the
Extension Repository instead of the one that's shipped with Typo src 3.8.0...

I still had to apply the patch for german umlauts(editing convArray in class.indexer.php)
and switch back to iso-8859-1 from utf-8 :(

It seems like this version is actually older than the one shipped with typo,
alhough they both show version 2.1.3... strange

I think the one shipped with typo uses another way of converting special characters and
it seems this newer set of functions doesn't like my php install (ver. 4.4.0)...

anyway, it's working now, maybe that information is useful for someone else.

greets, heinzi