[Typo3] Manipulating Item Labels in BE select lists

Simon Tuck e-mailNO at SPAMeyejet.com
Tue Aug 9 14:00:49 CEST 2005

Hi List,
I am trying to manipulate the item labels in a select field in the backend for a select field which is referencing a foreign
table. so, for example, my tca contains:

	"tx_my_example" => Array (
		"config" => Array (
			"type" => "select",
			"foreign_table" => "fe_users",
			"foreign_table_where" => "AND fe_users.pid=###STORAGE_PID### ORDER BY fe_users.uid",
			"size" => 10,
			"minitems" => 0,
			"maxitems" => 100,
			[etc...]
		)
	),

What I'd like to do is show 'lastname, firstname (e-mail)' as item labels in the select list instead of just usernames. Is
there an easy way to do this or do I need to use itemsProcFunc?

Cheers,
Simon