[Typo3] no stats are being logged

Rick [Futuros] typo3 at futuros.nl
Tue Aug 9 13:51:00 CEST 2005

I have installed cc_awstats and configured typo3 so that it will write down
the stats.

Everything worked fine. Then i adjusted the settings so it would no longer
write BE user visits.
>From that moment not a single visit was logged any more. So i decided to
bring the settings back to the begin situation. But whatever i try nothing
is getting the log to work again.

The logfile remains empty.

I have the following lines in my root template
     config.stat = 1
     config.stat_apache = 1
     config.stat_apache_logfile = 2005.log

(I also tried page.config)

And i have set in localconf.php
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["logfile_dir"] = '/var/www/html/log/';

My log dir and logfile is writeable. I have tried almost any chmod combi.
Including 0755 0766 0777 etc.

In my error and access log there are no indications of a problem

Someone has a clue for me where to look for a solution?