[Typo3] Changing Page ID

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Mon Aug 8 18:12:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

Марко Росић schrieb:
> Hello to all,
>
> I have just recently started to "play" with Typo3 doing a government site.
> The problem is that I started by changing a QuickStart wich allready had
> predefined pages... every new page I added continued with uid where
> QuickSite left... I've deleted all pages hoping that uid will start from 1,
> but no luck. I even changed uid manualy from phpmyadmin, but when I added
> new page from backend it had an uid 47, and I needed 11 :)
>
> I've looked everywhere on the net, and archives... and I need it realy
> quickly. Can someone tell me how to "reset" that count or point me to some
> docs. I'm not afraid of reading :)

This is the auto_increment feature of the uid field.

In (recent!)phpmyadmin you have the chance to go options/tableoptions
and then just reset the auto_incerment counter to the lowest value
available.

If you just leave it empty mysql will find it for you.

If it doesn't work you have to google/search but the auto_increment can
actually be reset.

For german capable readers there's a very short description available here:
http://www.typo3hannover.de/Versioning_mit_aelteren_MySQL.64.0.html

Cheers,
peter
--