[Typo3] indexed_seach: indexing error with german special - chars

Heinrich Fink heinrich.fink at birner.at
Mon Aug 8 10:53:25 CEST 2005

Hi everyone!

I have been searching through every thread about indexed_seach (and there are a lot), but
unfortunately I haven't found a solution for my problem ... which is:

Each time the indexer tries to index a page with german special chars (like äöüÄÖÜ etc..) I get
a "page is being generated" message in an endless loop...

also the error_log of apache2 says:

 [notice] child pid 18395 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

seems like some character conversion function is buggy or not working correctly with my php-configuration...

I found a similiar problem in this mailing list:

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2005-February/001856.html

... but changing the template meta tags didn't help anything ...

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

- Heinrich Fink (heinzi)