[Typo3] Indexed Search Backend Page Crawler

Srdjan Prodanovic srdjan.prodanovic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 08:20:10 CEST 2005

Nick, yould you please help point me in the right direction to the "Re-Index element" button in the Web->Info->Indexed Search :-))

I just upgraded to 3.8.0 for a project and I noticed some pages are taking way too long to load before theyre cached, sometimes even the connection to the webserver drops.

I found it logical to use a crawler (and I hope it comes out soon) or as you mentioned re-indexing pages selectively.

However when I open the Web->Info and choose Indexed Search, I cant find any buttons to "Re-Index element" or anything alike. I've also googled and found nothing alike.

I presume what's happening is that the page is just too bulked with complex templavoila flexible content elements, and therefore some weird timeouts happen. I've noticed Apache take up a lot of memory and then release it soon afterwards, without result. Nevertheless, I thought I might try giving it a shot in the backend though..

Am I blind or is it possible that our versions differ? I'm using the sysext that comes with Typo3 3.8.0, because I noticed the one in the extension repository is older.

- Srdjan Prodanovic (some1else)