[Typo3] Newbie: How to install Typo3 >> Unzip to server?

prodos at prodos.com prodos at prodos.com
Mon Aug 8 06:32:43 CEST 2005

From: Prodos SNM (Melbourne, Australia)
To: Martin S & Fellow List Members

Good afternoon.

Prodos:
> > I downloaded quickstart-3.8.0 to my computer.
> >
> > I tried unzipping it and then FTP transferring it to my server
> > but when I then go to mydomain.index.php I get an error message.

Martin S:

> What error message?

Sorry, I just deleted the whole package in order to start
from scratch and try to install it again, so I don't have the error
message.

In future I'll make a note of all error messages that
I bring up on this list.

Prodos:
> > I've deleted the files and tried to install them several times over
> > this weekend but I can't make it happen.

Martin S:
> Should work I suppose, you need to give directories the correct permissions.
> What error message do you get? (above)

I don't know how to set up these permissions.

Ditto regarding error messages.

Martin S:

> [ ... ]
>
> What OS do you use?
>
> [ ... ]

Windows XP

> Isn't there an installation instruction in the package you downloaded?

Thanks. Yes, I found it.
Unfortuantely (but not surprisingly) I'm having a lot of trouble
following it.

Offer:

For a US $20 PayPal payment would you or someone else on
this list be willing to install Typo3 to my test-site >>
Typo3.prodos.org

My private contact details - if you prefer to reply off-list - are:

Email: prodos at prodos.com
Yahoo ID: prodosworldwide
Phone: 9428 1234 (Melbourne, Australia)

Thank you for your consideration and for taking
the time to respond to my post.

Best Wishes,

PRODOS

http://CelebrateCapitalism.ORG