[Typo3] Direct mail - change plaintext rendering/formatting

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sun Aug 7 13:09:10 CEST 2005

Hi,
>>Now I have tried for a couple of hours to find information and
>>try out how to change the rendering/formatting of plaintext
>>mails sent by  Direct mail.
>
> Try the TS Object Browser (in the 'Template' module - in T3 3.8, you
> may need to install this) [1]. There you can see the tree structure
> that gets generated by TS templates - as well as whether the
> properties you're dealing with go in the 'Constants' or 'Setup' fields
> and their correct syntax.

Thank you!
I had been there, but not looking good enought. After your post
I went back and found what I was looking for.

The TypoScript code should be in Setup and should look like:
 lib.alt_plaintext.renderObj.header.2.preLineChar = -
 lib.alt_plaintext.renderObj.header.2.postLineChar = -

I have started to document my findings on a wiki page:
 http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/index.php/Ext/Direct_mail

and when I think it is complete enought I will put it into a OOo
document and mail to Kasper. Maybe he can use it as the
extension documentation...

Anyone want to help?

/Peter Kindström