[Typo3] Direct mail - change plaintext rendering/formatting

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Aug 6 19:31:33 CEST 2005

Hi list
Now I have tried for a couple of hours to find information and
try out how to change the rendering/formatting of plaintext
mails sent by  Direct mail. I want to change the default
rendering/formatting for the headers from:

  ---------------------------------------
  ------- HEADER I

to something like:

  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   HEADER I
  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I *think* I found some information in the
"media/scripts/plaintextLib.inc" file. That information I think
tells me that this could be done by TypoScript!?

My guess is that I can put TS code into my template´s Constants
field (Template / root page / Info/Modify / Constants).
But I have tried several different ways of formatting the
constant strings, without success. This is what I have tried:

  # DirecMail plain text rendering
  lib.alt_plaintext.renderObj.header.0.preLineChar = x
  lib.alt_plaintext.renderObj.header.1.preLineChar = x
  plugin.alt.plaintext.header.0.preLineChar = x
  plugin.alt.plaintext.header.1.preLineChar = x
  alt_plaintext.header.0.preLineChar = x
  alt_plaintext.header.1.preLineChar = x
  plugin.alt_plaintext.header.0.preLineChar = x
  plugin.alt_plaintext.header.1.preLineChar = x
  alt_plaintext.config.header.0.preLineChar = x
  alt_plaintext.config.header.1.preLineChar = x

None of them work!
Can anyone *please* give me a hint on what I am doing wrong?!
Maybe post a working example to the NG/ML?

I use Typo3 3.8.0, TemplaVoila 0.3.0 and DirectMail 1.1.0. I can
send the mails and they look ok otherwise, it´s just the
rendering/formatting I want to change.

Thank you!
/Peter Kindström