[Typo3] cannot log on as admin after upgrade

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 5 18:00:46 CEST 2005

After upgrading from typo3_src-3.8.0beta2 to typo3_src-3.8.0, I'm not
able to log on as admin any more.  Analyzing database in the install
tool shows the new typo3 version recognizes the database fine.  Also, if
I create admin user, a uniqueness error returns.  So it knows the user
admin already exists.  Changing back to the typo3 beta2 admin works again.

What's wrong?  Anybody have seen such a problem?

Thanks in advance,

Bing