[Typo3] how do I include a link to an extension file in the header

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Wed Aug 3 08:24:41 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to build an extension that uses ADxMenu
(http://www.aplus.co.yu/adxmenu/intro/).

As they suggest, I would like to include the following code in the
generated page:

	body { behavior:url("HTCPATH/ADxMenu.htc"); }

As ADxMenu is embedded in my extension, I need to reference the files
with an EXT:myext prefix. I originally thought to add this using a code
similar to this:

in constants:
    adxmenu = EXT:myext/ADxMenu/ADxMenu.htc

in setup:
    page.headerData.10 = TEXT
    page.headerData.10.value = <style type="text/css" media="all">body {
behavior:url("{$adxmenu}"); } </style>

but this fails, as it adds the following code to the page (not
substituting EXT:myext with the correct path):

And I cannot define this either:
    page.headerData.10 = FILE
    page.headerData.10.file = EXT:myext/AdxMenu/ADxMenu.htc

as this would want to *include* the contents of the file, and not create
a reference to it.

Could anyone please provide a hint on how to achieve this ?

Thanks !
Stephane