[Typo3] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/EDITPANEL/

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Aug 1 16:09:10 CEST 2005

Anton Liebetrau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> do you have already read the document "Getting Started"?
>
> -->
> http://typo3.org/fileadmin/pdf_manuals/manual-doc_tut_quickstart-22-07-2004_
> 17-18-01.pdf
>
> If yes, the it would be helpfull for you to use another CSM ... (nobody
> says, that's easy for a newbie to use Typo3, but if you have understand the
> basics, then it's a great CMS and easy).
>
> Greetings, Anton
>

>>Hi
>>
>>The default admin panel (admPanel) is insufficient, but
>>http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/EDITPANEL/
>>
>>has insufficient information how to create own edit panels.
>>
>>for WHAT label etc.
>>
>>editPanel.label???
>>
>>The page doesn't tell the whole syntax - very often
>>documentation in typo3.org is insufficient.
>>
>>There are lot of problems with admin panels
>>
>>* it doesn't have a button for creating a new page
>>* there is no admin panel if the page doesn't have any content element
>>* in TemplaVoila new content elements goes to unused elements
>>* in TemplaVoila crating new pages cause an error message
>>
>>Maybe I should try to find a better CMS, which has better
>>frontend editing?

I have done several sites with Typo3 and I know templating with it.
BUT I have serious problems with frontend editing features.
In TemplaVoila they work TOO buggy and in Modern Template Building
frontend editing has several missing features, which I have tried to fix.

I like Typo3 concerning template designing - BUT custormers might need
better frontend editing.