[Typo3] Extensions Video Tutorials and Samples

guido principi guidoprincipi at pesaro.com
Mon Aug 1 13:09:12 CEST 2005

http://typo3.org/documentation/videos/xvid-format/ is a very good idea and
I've learned a lot from Kasper's video tutorials!

I like very much typo3 CMS, and I used it to build some sites with static
and dynamic template, tt_news, chc_forum etc..., but when I need to learn
new extensions I have many problems: probably it is my fault but it seems to
me the documentation is too short and essential!

I spent very much time trying by attempts various extensions, and often I
was forced to renounce using some of that, cause an imperfect installation
and/or configuration or, maybe, cause my low skilled level. Moreover for
newbies is very difficult to have continuous support through the newsgroups
and many questions remain without answer!

I'm persuaded many people renounced using typo3 for this reasons, because
spending time for nothing is very frustrating!

I know sharing a self-developed extension doesn't require too much work,
while writing a complete documentation or a video tutorial for someone else
needs time and is useless for the programmer himself. Maybe for this reason
many extensions doesn't have a full documentation.

So, I would like to suggest Kasper and all the Developer Team to add to
online extension repository a column where we can download for each
extension (if any):
- LARGE DOCUMENTATION;
- VIDEO TUTORIALS;
- SAMPLES (like quickstart) to import in a test site (e.g. with "full
backup" extension);
- TEMPLATES;
- Etc.

If it can encourage the documentation production, I suggest to pay through
Paypall (or any other system) the developer; this method, in my opinion,
will favor the production of more complete, stable and flexible extensions
and, above all, could facilitate the approach to Typo3!

I'd prefer paying something and have a full documentation to spend much
time! So the work to prepare this could be paid a little by everybody who
want to save time! The short documentation could be for free like now.

What do you think?

I hope that August will be a good month to prepare documentations! ;-)
...if I knew English and typo3 extensions better, I could help to prepare
videos... in order to pay my vacations! :-) .

Many thanks to all the people that help improving typo3 knowing!

Guido