[Typo3] mysql character_set_* and typo character set interaction

Sean Ellis sellis at telus.net
Mon Aug 1 08:04:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

I want to be storing and serving utf-8 content, and I have a bit of a
'grey' area about the mysql  character_set_* variables.

Will it be enough to CREATE the new typo database with the utf8
character set and collation, or do I need to run the mysql server with
utf8 as the default character set?

Please help me clear up this point; I've been scouring the posts trying
to satisfy myself about this, but no luck so far; I'd like to get this
right before wading too deeply into non-Latin1 content.

The database server is mysql 4.1.11_1.

tia,

Sean