[Typo3] Direct mail: outlook2003 don't show background-image

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Sat Apr 30 01:35:06 CEST 2005

Rob De Vries wrote:
> Direct mail extencion works fine.
> Mails get fetched and send as normal.
> All mails do get deliverd and they look good in all mailclients except
> Outlook 2003
>
> the stranges this is that all the styles (tables mail, all styles are
> added to the head of the mail) are displayed correct, the positioning of
> the elements are correct but I don't get any background-images to be
> displayed in Outlook 2003 alldow the links to the images on my server
> are correct.
>
> is there something i need to know of the 'advanced' mailclient or is
> this just another "we do not like css, so we make your life
> misserable"-Microsoft bug?
>
> tnx for listening, I feel much better now. :')
>
> Rob
In ALL mail clients ;-)

Images included into the mail or fetched from your server?

Did you ever check Outlook Express on Mac or is IMac noch relevant? What
we found: the only design that works cross plattform, cross mail
programm: plain table design, no styles :-(. Check webmailer like web.de
oder yahoo or hotmail. How do they display?

When you want to address almost 100% of the people: forget the CSS stuff
in newsletters.

Regs. Peter.

P.S: There should be a setup option that disables the download of
external referenced images for security reasons. This images are used to
check if the email was read ;-) So if you think that your information is
important provide a perfect text version.