[Typo3] Abusive JPEG conversion

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 29 12:31:06 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have one of my Typo3 sites doing something weird. Some (but not all)
JPEG images are converted to GIFs when displayed in the pages. Those
GIFs have a gray-level palette and look accordingly ugly. In the
backend all thumbnails are fine though.

I checked the Install tool and all parameters seem correct. In
particular, [GFX][thumbnails_png] is not set so - as far as I
understand - JPEGs shouldn't be forced to GIFs (and anyway this should
affect only thumbnails).

ImageMagick version is 6.0.6. Could this be creating problems?

Has anyone observed a similar behaviour?

Thanks for any hint.

François Suter
Directeur technique