[Typo3] foreign language labels prob in tt-news, ogonki in 8859-2

Voytek lists at sbt.net.au
Fri Apr 29 04:20:28 CEST 2005

I'm editing some polish language labels in various parts, generaly, it's
working well for me;
I'm entering accented ogonki characters directly 'as is' (not using ascii
codes);

I guess they must be saving themselves as 8859-2 code page, as, it works OK

however, I'm having problem with one such label:

in tt_news  pi/locallang.php item
'pi_list_browseresults_next' => 'Nastepna >',

when I enter 'e' with ogonek, in FE, it displays as 'Następna'
rather than 'Naste,pna'

am I supposed to be putting ASCII codes, rather than, characters
themselves, for 8859-2 ogonki letters ?

--
Voytek