[Typo3] SQL Error when adding website user

Zach Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Thu Apr 28 17:02:28 CEST 2005

andré rosendaal wrote:
> Hi Zach
>
> Thanks for this quick answer!
>
> The extensions says it needs to add the following  fields
> 	ALTER TABLE fe_users ADD tx_cwtcommunityuser_image blob NOT NULL;
> 	ALTER TABLE fe_users ADD tx_cwtcommunityuser_sex int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
>
> However, after I click on 'make updates', the following two status lines are (still) displayed in red:
> Database status:	Table error!
>
> Probably one or more required fields/tables are missing in the database!
> Errors:	Some tables or fields are of wrong type!

What version of mysql are you using? Mysql 4.1.x doesn't like the
default '0' part of the fields, which has long been added by the
extension kickstarter. The typo3 devs are working on a patch for this
for typo3 3.7 and it's fixed for 3.8, afaik. For now, try editing the
tables.sql file for the cwt_community_user extension and removing the
"DEFAULT '0'" from the sql wherever it occurs...

Although, as I'm writing this I'm remembering that the default 0 problem
was only with auto increment fields, and these aren't auto increment
fields, so this might not be the problem.... but I guess it's where I'd
start.

Zach