[Typo3] GMENU_LAYERS hides when moving mouse over the triggeritem

Andreas Förthner Andreas.Foerthner at netlogix.de
Thu Apr 28 14:29:16 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I configured a GMENU_LAYERS which works almost fine so far. But there is
a strange behaviour with the hiding of the menu. It seems to be like
that: The menu is just one item and the layer shows up below this one
item, which is implemented as a picture. But when I come from the bottom
with the cursor the menu shows up and if I go ahead in direction up with
my cursor, the layer hides again, although I'm still over the picture, I
just went a little bit more to the top away from the point, where the
layer has been activated.

I've seen many GMENU_LAYERS also with the TS code and I don't know what
is wrong! Is it a problem that the menu itself, especially the
trigger-image is also in an <div> tag?

Has anybody an idea? Here is my TS setup:

temp.menu1 = HMENU
temp.menu1.1 = GMENU_LAYERS
temp.menu1.1 {
   begin = 1
   maxItems = 1
   layerStyle = position:absolute;top:5px;left:50px;VISIBILITY:hidden;
   lockPosition = x
   topOffset = 145
   xPosOffset = -50
   expAll = 1
   hideMenuTimer = 1
   hideMenuWhenNotOver = 10
   freezeMoseover = 1
   relativeToParentLayer = 1
   NO {
     XY = [10.w],[10.h]+12
     transparentColor = #FFFFFF
     wrap = <td>|</td>
     10 = IMAGE
     10.file = fileadmin/template/images/panel_button_1.gif

     20 = IMAGE
     20.file = fileadmin/template/images/panel_bg_end_1.gif
     20.offset = 0,21
   }
}
temp.menu1.2 = GMENU
temp.menu1.2.NO {
   XY = [20.w],[20.h]|*||*|[10.w],[10.h]+15
   wrap = |<br>
   transparentColor = #FFFFFF

   10 = IMAGE
   10.file = fileadmin/template/images/panel_bg_1.gif

   20 = IMAGE
   20.file =
fileadmin/template/images/panel_bg_1.gif|*||*|fileadmin/template/images/panel_bg_end_1.gif

   20.offset = 0,20|*||*|0,21

   30 = TEXT
   30.text.field = title
   30.offset = 0,17
   30.fontFile = fileadmin/template/arial.ttf
   30.fontSize = 10pt
   30.fontColor = #706F6E
   30.align = center
}