[Typo3] Renaming the admin folder "typo3"

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Thu Apr 28 09:26:09 CEST 2005

Raymond Hayes wrote:

> Please understand, you could have easily answered this question with
>
> Hello
>   Please go here
> http://www.google.com/search?q=rename+typo3+directory&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>
> Thank you
>
> Which probably took a lot less effort ( and typing ) than being rude.
> There has been an ongoing issue of rudeness within this community and
> on  this mailing list. Why would anyone wish to use Typo3 with a
> community of  rude people.

Hi Raymond, this is probably the most frequent complaint in all
newsgroups ever, but still I'd like to point out a few things:

1. Where have I been rude? Did I insult Amir in any way, made any
negative statements?
2. Was my answer helpful in finding the answer Amir was looking for? I
expect so, but one cannot be sure.
3. The TYPO3 lists are probably the nicests and most polite lists I have
ever used, at least the nicest that actually have content worth reading.

> I have used this mailing list, not received answers or received rude
> answers, and it makes it more difficult for me each day to wonder why I
> use this software.

4. I'm sorry for the non-answers, but: Where the rude answers helpful,
if yes why do you complain.
5. Mind you, I could not care less whether you or anyone else is using
TYPO3. This is a frequent misconception of these newsgroups: We are not
commercial support, we are not selling TYPO3 to anyone. And I am not
willing to help people who prefer asking to looking for a solution
themselves.

> People are looking for answers is all, as there is not much available
> in  documentation, and the community has to be relied on.

6. One might argue about the structure but not about the amount of
documentation available.

> I think we start showing people how nice and wonderful Typo3 is, and
> that  the community supports those who wish to learn, and help those in
> need as  well.

We do that every day, but the best help is to show people how to help
themselves.

Greetings,
Michael

PS: As a sidenote, and nothing personal, but in all the discussions
about giving nice and detailed and correct answers in newsgroups, those
who complain are always asking and rarely answering. I see you have not
answered one single request as long as my archives go back (2003).