[Typo3] direct mail: mailformat disappears, no newsletter is sent

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Wed Apr 27 16:57:36 CEST 2005

Hi Matthias,

I'm not quite sure, if I got you right. I guess you're talking about BE
forms?

If so, you're partially right. direct_mail hides the fields
module_sys_dmail_category and module_sys_dmail_html. But these fields
aren't at all in the table without direct_mail. So it's not possible that
these field "disappear" after installing the extension.

Have you previously installed any other extension, e.g.
sr_direct_mail_ext, that may change the TCA for the tables tt_address or
fe_users? Try to uninstall them and reinstall them after installation of
direct_mail.

In any other cases you should supply some more info about your
installation, at least versions of TYPO3 and direct_mail.

At another point you're right: HTML mails aren't sent if HTML isn't
enabled for the address or user. Without changing the TCA it's not
possible to set this from the BE. If you're used to insert the recipients
 from the BE this is another hint that you use some extension (or local
hack) to enable that.

Regards
Thorsten

--
No Subject - No Realname - No Service!
Respect the List/Newsgroup Rules!
  >> http://typo3.org/1438.0.html <<

It's not a bug - it's an undesired feature.