[Typo3] Backslashes, single and double quotes in passwords

Martin Danielsson martin.danielsson at im-c.de
Wed Apr 27 09:06:17 CEST 2005

Hello there,

To start with, I'm using Typo3 3.5.0, feuser_admin 1.0.2 and newloginbox
1.1.0 on a Debian Linux system. Right now, I have no plans on migrating to a
later version of Typo3 as the old one is working more or less flawlessly and
is highly customized using TypoScript.

Now for the real issue of my posting: I'm experiencing some trouble with FE
users using backslashes (\), single quotes (') or double quotes (") in their
passwords: The password is set correctly in the backend view (in my "Users"
folder), but the users are not able to login. If I backslash each occurrence
of these characters in the password, like this: \ -> \\, ' -> \', " -> \",
the users are able to login with their correct password. Is this a known
problem? Has anybody had this problem before (I couldn't find anything in
the archives)?

What can I do about it? I see two possibilities: Forbid usage of these chars
in passwords (how can I accomplish this?) or enter the password with
backslashes into the feuser database (preferred). Any ideas?

Best regards,
Martin