[Typo3] [Indexed Search] - Starting point not being honored?

Charles Rector crector at iexposure.com
Mon Apr 25 21:50:30 CEST 2005

Seems it might be trickier to do at levels that are nested down that far.

It doesn't look like I have to specify startingpoint pages in my search
content elements (doing so doesn't seem to affect the search in any way
whatsoever...) Looks like it just searches everything by default. And if
I specify the _DEFAULT_PI_VARS in the template on a sub-page, that seems
to be all it needs to refine the search.

 From what I can tell, the "rl1" stands for "Root Level 1". Try putting:

plugin.tx_indexedsearch._DEFAULT_PI_VARS.sections = rl1_(whatever "Sub
Page" id is)

in the template for "Sub Page", and see if it works under that branch.
Go into the advanced search on your Refined Search Page and View Source
in the browser and see what kind of values it's got in the drop-down
list for picking a section.

I tried "rl2_(some second level id)" for some sub-sub-pages in my tree
and that didn't seem to give me any results at all, so I'm not sure how
to specify those...

I'll let you know if I find out how!