[Typo3] symlink question

Joe Jett joejett at charter.net
Mon Apr 25 03:58:52 CEST 2005

I downloaded the source files and successfully created symlinks to set
up a quickstart installation in  web root directory. I wanted to set up
a dummy package also but I cant seem to get the symlink to point 2
directories up.

Here is my directory structure
/home/ascended/typo3_src.3.7.0
/home/ascended/public_html/dummy
I successfully created the symlink typo3_src in /ascended and all of the
symlinks in public_html to point to typo3_src and the site is working
fine in root of site.

Directions were to create a typo3_src symlink one directory below root
of site, so for my dummy site I am trying to create another typo3_src
symlink in public_html.

Seems like ../../typo3_src-3.7.0 typo3_src should work but it doesn't. I
tried symlinking to the first symlink also and that doesn't work. Do I
just have the syntax wrong or is it something else?

Thanx
Joe Jett