[Typo3] page-tree architecture

Dave Denis davedenis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 02:40:44 CEST 2005

On 4/24/05, Nagita Karunaratne <nagita.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know if there are other CMS (both open-source and
> commercial) that use the page-tree concept?
> Is this a very common architecture or are there any others? Can you
> give examples of other architectures?
> Also can anyone with experience/knowledge of  any commercial systems
> (simple or complex) shed some light onto the different ways that these
> systems use to organize their users interface.

Hi Nagita, I've worked extensively with RedDot (a commercial CMS)
which uses a page-tree model.  Not every node on the tree is an actual
full page, many times they are just fragments called called
containers.  Editing is all done on via front-end "dots".  Everything
else on the backend follows a tree model as well such as workflow and
user lists.  Workflows are actually attached to tree nodes so you can
see every detail about a page from the tree.  For example, looking at
a page I can see the publication "package" that is attached (this
details where and how the page is t be published), language options,
workflow and links.  I haven't worked very much with Typo3 yet but it
looks pleasantly familiar because of this.

Dave