[Typo3] Moving typo3 from subdirectory to root

Amir Mualem amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 24 01:51:13 CEST 2005

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder wrote:
> Amir Mualem wrote:
>

>>Well I own a virtual private server, I can ask my hosts though.
>>
>>But if all else fails, is there procedure I can take to move my
>>installation to the root?
>

> if you have (unix) shell access you may of course recursivly copy
> directories around...

I just got a message from my hosts, this is what they said when I asked
them if I can change my root directory from what it is now to the
subdirectory, this is what they said:

"It is highly not recommended.  cPanel and Apache would not be
compatible with that at all.  You may do it but it may ruin your entire
Apache configuration and may cause other problems on your server."

So I guess that is out of the question? ;)