[Typo3] Direct Mail Subscription - Mail links garbage issue

Ludwik Gorski ludwik at iceage.pl
Sat Apr 23 00:37:05 CEST 2005

>> I've found a piece of information about kb_mailcs ext that changes the
>> mail charset according to force-charset value. But after installing
>> this extension the content of directmails is shown correctly, while
>> its subject (coming from tsconfig o the dmail page) and direct
>> subscribtion administration mails (coming from the template file) are
>> not shown correctly. What can I do now to have all the mail sent in a
>> consistent charset?
>
> Jan-Erik Revsbech who is in charge of the mailing classes has currently
> developed a patch for the upcoming 3.8.0.
>
> You can download 3.8.0.beta2.1 from
> And I think it is ok for Jan-Erik if I send you his patch also offlist
> ... I will test it tomorrow.
> Bernhard

Hello,

I'm not sure whether you meant that installing version 3.8 beta2.1 will
fix the issue, or I should wait for the patch from you and apply it to
this version of Typo3. Anyway, I've updated to 3.8 beta2.1 from the
adress you gave me and checked the bahaviour again. Unfortunately, it
still doesn't work correctly.

In the BE all information is displayed correctly. In mails the content
is ok and the subject or other headers are not showing correctly (utf
data shown in iso-8859-1 encoding. The mail subject is even marked with:
"From: =?iso-8859-1?...". Then, the headers are:

I hope that there is a patch that will change this behaviour.

I'm using the latest typo3 3.8 beta 2.1 with:

direct_mail - 1.0.8
sr_direct_mail_ext - 0.2.10
direct_mail_subscription - 1.0.3
kb_mailcs - 0.1.1