[Typo3] DirectMail - set used smtp server ?

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Fri Apr 22 12:02:13 CEST 2005

Hi W,

it's not possible to change the SMTP server used by direct_mail. SMTP is
configured in php.ini and could be changed in your vhost configuration (at
least for apache). Default is to use sendmail on the local machine (*nix)
respectively locahost:25 (win).

In most cases it would be possible to change these settings by a call to
ini_set(), but up to now no one wanted to use a different smtp server for
direct_mail. So there's no possibility yet to configure a different smtp
server in direct mail.

If you're working on win there's a "fake sendmail for windows" [1] we
recently used on a testing environment. With this tool you can use an
external smtp server (including auth) with PHP.

Regards
Thorsten

[1] http://www.glob.com.au/sendmail/

--
No Subject - No Realname - No Service!
Respect the List/Newsgroup Rules!
  >> http://typo3.org/1438.0.html <<

It's not a bug - it's an undesired feature.