[Typo3] 20++ Subgroups

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Thu Apr 21 15:06:33 CEST 2005

Zach Davis wrote:
> I agree -- I've stumbled across this before, and it was frustrating. I
> later came to realize that there are better ways to deal with this, like
> Mathias says, such as assigning table access to groups -- but these
> limits do seem like arbitrary limits. The argument that because it's
> been done this way for 4 years, it should continue to be done this way,
> seems pretty unconvincing.

nono, you got me wrong here :)
I said it has been working since ever typo3 was released and it never
was a problem to either use subgroups or raise the limits with extTables
files.
And I did not (and still don't) consider this a bug.
But I just remember, why there is a limit...
Field length in mysql.
If the comma seperated list exceeds the length of the field you're in
trouble.
If you add loads of modules you would have to consider using a bigger
field type.
And bigger field types always suck in regard of performance

--
No Subject - No Realname - No Service!
Respect the List/Newsgroup Rules!