[Typo3] 20++ Subgroups

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Thu Apr 21 13:32:04 CEST 2005

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:
> Robert Markula wrote:
>
>> Subgroups? I'm talking about the 'Modules' and both 'Tables' lists.
>

> Place modules in groups, do the same with tables.
> I don't get the problem.
> by the way - how do you get to more than 15 modules?
> or more than 20 different tables?

Matthias,
The current behaviour is a big DON'T in usability. When you select more
that the allowed entries in a list and click the 'save&close'-button,
there is no warning message that the system didn't accept all entries.
You just experience unexpected behaviour which you don't understand.

And yes, having more than 15 modules or 20 tables is possible. The
current limit is too low.

What you say about user/group management... you are right, there are
many different possible approaches, but they should be limited by
creativity, not by Typo3. Particularly, if it is just a question of a
default threshold which is set too low for no reason (as you said yourself).

Regards,
Ro