[Typo3] 20++ Subgroups

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Thu Apr 21 12:10:53 CEST 2005

Robert Markula wrote:
> Marcus Krause wrote:
>
>> Hi list
>>
>> I've a question about the groups. I want to include about 25 groups to
>> a membergroup, but i only can include 20. Is it possible to set the
>> value of of included subgroups higher than 20?
>>
>> Hope somebody has an answer.
>

> Hi Markus,
> I checked this and found out that the BE group interface limits not only
> the subgroups.
> (1) The maximum number of selected entries in the 'Modules' list is 15.
> (2)(3) The maximum number of selected entries in the 'Tables (listing)'
> and 'Tables (modify)' list is 20.
> (4) The maximum number of selected entries in the 'Allowed
> excludefields' is ~310, which should be enough for everyone (duh, that
> reminds me of something somebody said a couple of years ago *shiver*)
>
> I tested this on 3.7; it may be already fixed in 3.8cvs.

there is nothing to fix

> I checked with Mantis and didn't find a bug dealing with this issue.
> Should we file one?

File a bug for what?
For preset values?
Come on...
I don't want to sound rude, but it's like this:
Kasper configures Typo3 by default to those values.
If the glove does not fit your hand, change those values.
Not in the sourcecode but (like intended) in an extTables.php file.
This way the default values are still set by the core, but overridden by
your extTables.php.

Short Intro on how to do this:
/typo3conf/localconf.php
Add line:
$typo_db_extTableDef_script = 'extTables.php';
/typo3conf/extTables.php
Add line(s):
<?php
$GLOBALS['TCA']['[NAME_OF_TABLE]']['columns']['[NAME_OF_FIELD]']['config']['[VALUE_OF_FIELD_CONFIG]']=[YOUR_DESIRED_VALUE];
?>

clearer now?

--
No Subject - No Realname - No Service!