[Typo3] classified advertisements

Horn Gábor horn.gabor at aktiv.co.hu
Tue Apr 19 15:24:14 CEST 2005

Hi Bodo,

>> - FE users should able to post advertisements ...
>
> my plan:
> Anyone can post even without a login. If you want to change that then
> set a permission on the CE like known on any other pages/CE.
> When posted anonymously you must click on an link send to your
> email-address (which must be valid). The same procedure as in Newsletter
> subscribtion. (double-opt-in)
> If you want to change/delete an entry and you have no FE-login: click on
> a link near by your own ad and you get a link by email. This brings you
> to the edit+delete-form without login (of course only if you doesn't
> protect the page/CE).

sounds better than simple FE user post, very good solution imho.

>> - as Matthew described auto expire and email notification
>
> To notify you have to set some kind of cron. Not possible in every
> installation. How about a stand-alone script example, a crontab example
> and a short install-howto to archive this notifications? Or have you got
> another idea (the typo-way)?

I think a cron based solution is good, that can be considered standard
for such tasks, and who doesn't use cron he surely can adapt the
calling-of-a-php to his/her system.

>> Could you please tell us how do you proceed or when you plan to
>> release the extension? Or if there's a way we can help you and if yes
>> how?
>
> I must finish it for a customer till next week. The first release will
> be optimised to be compatible with TYPO3 3.5. I have to see if I can
> rewrite the code in a way that compatibility to 3.5 is not broken and
> actuall APIs like DBAL/Flexforms ... are used. I try to put this in
> _one_ release instead of mantaining two (old 3.5 and 3.7/3.8-dev)

Very good news thanks, i think even w/o dbal/flexforms it would be
useful - as we have nothing now, a "standard" TS based solution would be
good as well - but of course if you can manage to extend it to use the
modern APIs that's even better.

thank you,

bye, hirisov