[Typo3] T 3.7.0 Mailform doesn't send, how to debug?

Robert Zöhrer robert.zoehrer at gmx.net
Tue Apr 19 14:53:44 CEST 2005

Hello again!

Robert Zöhrer wrote:

> I've a very strange problem with the standard mailform, which doesn't
> send any mails. But testmails from Install-Tool arrived prompt in my inbox.

I've fixed the problem .. it was very ugly  .. at one of the sites I have a

#Mailform IMAGE Button
tt_content.mailform.20.image = IMAGE
tt_content.mailform.20.image.file =
fileadmin/template/main/images/icons/senden.gif

but with this the required $_POST-Var formtype_mail isn't set, because
an image button doesn't generate a $_POST-Var and Typo3 doesn't not
correct them by adding hiddenFields automatically.

So I added

tt_content.mailform.20.hiddenFields.formtype_mail = TEXT
tt_content.mailform.20.hiddenFields.formtype_mail.value = 1

and it worked :)

IMHO this hiddenField should be set automatically by T3, when IMAGE
button is set.

I'm sure this "feature" safes future debug time.

Robert