[Typo3] LDAP: HOWTO escape special chars in Typo3 - TS?

Yomo yguiamo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:18:21 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm working with the LDAP framework (ldap_lib, ldap_server, ldap_sunc)
and use ldap_auth and cc_sv_auth for authentication.

The problem is that my users have a backslash (\) in their usernames and
   LDAP requires me to escape those characters. I know how to do this in
PHP, but I'm trying to figure out how to do this with Typoscript. I'm
guessing it needs to be done in the LDAP Server configuration
(ldap_server extension). Syncing works fine, but it's the authentication
part that refuses to work when there's a special char in the username.
Otherwise my authentication works fine.

Can anyone please help me with this? I'm working with OpenLDAP and I'm
using both FE and BE authentication.

Thank you,
Yomo