[Typo3] ImageMagick 6.1.9 and read pdf

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder t3 at boswel-remove-me.de
Mon Apr 18 18:07:45 CEST 2005

Albert Dekker wrote:
>> and of course you have installed GhostScript on your server as well,
>> haven't you =:o)
> You'r right GS is not installed on the server.
> In what directory should I unpack/install and how does Typo3 know
> where to look for GS.

typo3 won't know anything about ghostscript, since ghostscript is invoked by
omagemagick as a helper tool.
all files (file extensions) that can't be handled by IM itself are looked up
in the file delegates.mgk which is part of every IM installation (in
sub-folder IM\delegates). choose nt.mgk, rename it to delegates.mgk and copy
it either to C:\Windows or any folder within your PATH environment or set
environment variable DELEGATE_PATH=X:\whatever\path.

most likely, you have to edit delegates.mgk to suite your ghostscript
installation paths. open the file and change the paths according to your
installation.

therefore, you may install ghostscript wherever you like as long as you edit
the config file.

cheers,

rainer