[Typo3] Menu approach

Boris Senker typo3 at dvotocka.hr
Mon Apr 18 16:27:06 CEST 2005

Ok, guys, give me a hand here if you please.

I have a horizontal level 1 menu.

I also have a left vertical menu displaying sublevel items:

# Menu 2 cObject
  lib.menu_2 = HMENU
  lib.menu_2.entryLevel = 1
# First level menu-object, textual
   lib.menu_2.1 = TMENU
   lib.menu_2.1 {
      # Normal state properties
      NO.allWrap = <div class="menu2-level2-no"> | </div>
      NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
   # Enable active state and set properties:
      ACT = 1
      ACT.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
      ACT.allWrap = <div class="menu2-level2-act"> | </div>
   }

# Second level menu-object, textual
   lib.menu_2.2 = TMENU
   lib.menu_2.2 {
   # Normal state properties
      NO.allWrap = <div class="menu2-level3-no"> | </div>
      NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
   # Enable active state and set properties:
      ACT = 1
      ACT.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
      ACT.allWrap = <div class="menu2-level3-act"> | </div>
   }

# Third level menu-object, textual
   lib.menu_2.3 = TMENU
   lib.menu_2.3 {
   # Normal state properties
      NO.allWrap = <div class="menu2-level4-no"> | </div>
      NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
   # Enable active state and set properties:
      ACT = 1
      ACT.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
      ACT.allWrap = <div class="menu2-level4-act"> | </div>
   }

Which works. But what I would need is to display the current LEVEL 1 item
also
on top of the left menu.

I am using a single template for the whole site and TV flex content.

Is there a way to make this left menu with a current LEVEl 1 item without
adding an extension template for every section with a differently specified:

maxItems = 1
begin = 5 or something...  ??

Hope I explained this clearly...

Thanks,

Boris Senker

: dvotocka design

Graphic Design for Print and Web, Prepress, Website Production

J. Laurencica 8, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.dvotocka.hr