[Typo3] upgrade apache/php/mysql from WAMP install

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Sat Apr 16 11:30:46 CEST 2005

Hi,

Diederik van Veen schrieb:
> Hi, anyone knows if i can upgrade apache/php/mysql to the latest version
> when still using typo3.6.0 RC1 (used the wamp install for windows)
>
> Currently I run, to I wonder if the 'outdated' software coiuld have been
> the reason of our "hacked" webserver (see previous post). Anyone knows
> if this could be related, and if so if i can easily update the packages
> as a non-expert.
>
> + Apache 2.0.48.0
> + MySQL 4.0.15
> + PHP 4.3.4.4 + PEAR
> + Perl 5.8.0 (mini)
> + mod_php 4.3.4
> + SQLite 2.8.6
> + mod_auth_mysql (only experimental)

If you are a non-expert I would strongly advice to get someone with good
knowledge to setup and run the system!

WAMP and all those "get up an running in three minutes" Installs imho
are only suitable for a "quick and run" installation on protected
desktop/laptop. They are imho *not* suitable to be run on a
production-server on the net.

Also have a look at the remarks at the top of the page.
http://typo3.org/download/installer/

WAMP/LAMP systems need to be maintained and updated/chekced on a very
regular basis which needs some work and knowledge.

just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Peter
--