[Typo3] our webserver hacked, is typo3 the reason?

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder t3 at boswel-remove-me.de
Fri Apr 15 23:13:17 CEST 2005

Diederik van Veen wrote:
> I can assure you this is not an 'howto' hack typo3 related question [snip]

was never assumed by anyone - relax =:o)

> I run OS: winserver 2003 fully updated and secured by our system
> admin. The server itself is in a secure location (university network)
> In run typo3 3.6.2 now and my webserver software is:
> + Apache 2.0.48.0
> + MySQL 4.0.15
> + PHP 4.3.4.4 + PEAR
> + Perl 5.8.0 (mini)
> + mod_php 4.3.4
> + SQLite 2.8.6
> + mod_auth_mysql (only experimental)
[snip]

to fully trace what happened one would need to have the logfiles, both the
IIS and system logs. the given information is not really helpfull.
also, the fact of "he have been hacked" isn't that elobarate: what has been
altered and what has happened to the server (i.e. what was changed, are
there win root packs installed etc.). you should ask your admins to dig
deeper into that.

after all, it could still be a missconfigured typo3 installation...

greets

rainer