[Typo3] More menus with TV

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 18:52:04 CEST 2005

Hiya,

--- Kraft Bernhard <kraftb at kraftb.at> wrote:

> Complete ACK to everything :)

Means 'acknowledge', right?

> What happens if I don't have the pseudo classes in your mentioned order ?
> I always use:
> a:link, a:visisted, a:active {
> }
> a:hover {
> }

Well, it's possible for their order cause rendering conflicts. Each
pseudoclass is as specific as each other pseudoclass, so when two of them
apply to the same element, the one that's defined *last* should override
the others. For example, if you define the :visited pseudoclass *after* the
:hover pseudoclass, you won't get the expected hover effect. There's no
problem in your example case, because :hover comes last. If you were trying
to use the :active pseudoclass (which behaves like an effect 'onmousedown'
in IE if I remember correctly), you'd find that it wouldn't work since it
would be overridden by the :hover pseudoclass. I honestly haven't tested
this lately, but in theory, if the order is other than l-v-h-a, there
should theoretically be conflicts.

-Christopher