[Typo3] our webserver hacked, is typo3 the reason?

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri Apr 15 18:17:16 CEST 2005

Diederik van Veen wrote:
> Hi, our webserver was hacked this afternoon, and I wonder if typo3
> (3.6.2) could be the reason. Could you tell me via what settings a
> hacker could get access over our system, so I can check whether I have
> met all these criteria.

This is like "Hey guys, I don't know how to hack so I try a fuzzy excuse
so someone might tell me how to hack systems.
Nice try.

> Our typo3 website was the only thing running on this webserver.
 >(apache/php/mysql). I'm no experpt on system securtity

I suggest you learn how to secure a webserver at all.

> so please don't take this as flaming typo3, I just want to know how to
> secure our webserver with typo3 in the future as best as possible. The
> webserver was hosted and secured (behind proxy server) by very capable
> people. All their other webservers were left undone.

This does not have anything to do with typo3 but more with basic system
security.

--
No Subject - No Realname - No Service!
Respect the List/Newsgroup Rules!