[Typo3] Live/Production server

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Apr 15 10:58:04 CEST 2005

> I agree with you, I've never read something like "with typo3 is not
> possible anyway" until now :)
> Question: it seems to me that import/export function is really
> improved in 3.8.0...there's someone who can tell me if this
> improvement can help the live/production problem?

Is there any special reason why you need this "live/production" scenario?
Usually this is done when you have got a system with a
server/client-architecture and usually this kind of architecture is used by
commercial systems to make more money out of client and server licenses.

TYPO3 can do it in a completely different way, so I don't see why you would
need something like "live/production" servers.
IMHO it will make more sense to have something like "live/production" areas
in the page tree.
Editors are working in restricted areas and "publish" their work by moving
it into the live area.
You can even use different areas of the same tree for public websites,
intranet sites, production sites.
It's all about setting appropriate user rights.

Try this before fiddling around with server replication.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau