[Typo3] admin in ISO Latin2 ?

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Apr 14 15:54:57 CEST 2005

Voytek wrote:

> I have bi-lingual only: English and ISO-L2
> all my data is currenly ISO L2/8859-2
>
> so, I was to force to 8859-2, all data should keep being OK, I hope
>
> do all browsers handle utf-8 OK ?

I don't know much about 8859-2 and if all 8859-1 characters (or at least the ones
you need) are encoded in it.

I for myself stick to utf-8 as soon as I have more than 1 language (even if it's just
english/german which is both 8859-1 ... just because later on it could happen that another
not 8859-1 language gets added and I would be stuck)

Recent Browsers (IE>5.5, Firefox, Safari, etc) all handle utf-8 well.

The only problem is you will have to recode your HTML templates for FE-Users, Direct-Mail
tt_news and so on to utf-8

greets,
Bernhard
--