[Typo3] admin in ISO Latin2 ?

Voytek lists at sbt.net.au
Thu Apr 14 15:40:23 CEST 2005

<quote who="Kraft Bernhard">
> Voytek wrote:

Bernhard, thanks,

> There are two ways your BE is in another charset ... Either set the
> language in the User
> Setup. If you choose some eastern european language for example you will
> get 8859-2 ...

I'd rather not, as I myself find it hard to read unless it's in english.

> Another possibility to force the Entire BE and FE to be in ONE specific
> charset is to set
> the value "forceCharset" in the install tool ...

this sounds like what I need, here we go......
hmm, seems like I'm cruisin' !!
I think you just solved a few probs for me, thanks !!
not just the 'unsightly display in admin', but, pasting foreign material
as well, big thanks !!

> be aware that you will have to convert your database content to the
> specific charset.
>
> I would choose forceCharset=utf-8 for sites which have more than one
> language ....

I have bi-lingual only: English and ISO-L2
all my data is currenly ISO L2/8859-2

so, I was to force to 8859-2, all data should keep being OK, I hope

do all browsers handle utf-8 OK ?

thanks again

--
Voytek