[Typo3] error with pdf "the file don't start with %PDF-"

"David Denicolò aka \"davdenic\"" davdenic_please_no_spam at intera.it
Thu Apr 14 09:09:42 CEST 2005

> Hello, I've a problem, I don't think is a typo3 problem but a server
> problem.
> When I open a pdf file via explorer with acrobat 6 I see an error "the
> file don't start with %PDF-".

I find something in another newsgroup:

----------------------

I have solved this issue this way :

1) httpserver:/etc/apache2 # vi mod_mime-defaults.conf

I have added those lines :
# 25/03/05 added line ( IE bug with pdf mime types )
AddType application/x-pdf .pdf

2) Then i have commented out the PDF line in the magic file
httpserver:/etc/apache2 # vi magic

It should look like this :
# Acrobat
# (due to clamen at cs.cmu.edu)
#0  string    %PDF-    application/pdf # 25/03/05 line commented out (
IE bug )

3) httpserver:/etc/apache2 # apache2ctl restart

HTH...

Sam

# how to solve the file does not begin with '%PDF-' problem
# resolution problem mime type pdf x-pdf with apache web server
# problem with ie internet explorer with adobe acrobat reader pdf files

Cheers, D.

--
Dr. David Denicolò