[Typo3] RTE strips out table tags

Matt Valenti mv at mattvalenti.com
Thu Apr 14 04:59:51 CEST 2005

If I try to add a table to a standard content element in the RTE it's
stripped out and replaced with a bunch of <p> and <br> tags.  I've got
another typo3 website setup and never encountered this problem.  I also
noticed that <ul> tags are being displayed as <typolist> tags and I suspect
the problems are related.  I've checked and re-checked everything and was
hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

IN MY MAIN TEMPLATE
#CONSTANTS
content.RTE_compliant = 1

IN MY ADMIN USER
#TSCONFIG
RTE.default {
  RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext {
    proc.preserveTables = 1
    proc.dontConvBRtoParagraph = 1
    proc.entryHTMLparser_db = 1
    proc.entryHTMLparser_db {
      keepNonMatchedTags = 1
      xhtml_cleaning = 0
      allowTags =
table,tbody,tr,td,p,div,img,hr,a,br,b,strong,i,em,u,li,ul,ol,span,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,dl,dt,dd,class
      allowTagsOutside =
table,tbody,tr,td,p,div,img,hr,a,br,b,strong,i,em,u,li,ul,ol,span,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,dl,dt,dd,class
allowTagsInTypolists =
table,tbody,tr,td,p,div,img,hr,a,br,b,strong,i,em,u,li,ul,ol,span,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,dl,dt,dd,class
    }
  hidePStyleItems = 0
  }
}
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext < RTE.default

options.RTEkeyList=cut,copy,paste,formatblock,class,fontstyle,fontsize,bold,italic,underline,left,center,right,orderedlist,unorderedlist,outdent,indent,line,link,table,image,textcolor,chMode