[Typo3] template design question

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Wed Apr 13 19:54:14 CEST 2005

Hello Thomas,

> I was under the impression that templavoilla requires 3.8.0. I am
> using
> 3.7.0. I will look into it as I had originally avoided it to avoid the
> dev 3.8.0. Also, the css styling may not be sufficient since I need to
> actually change urls for images, not just styles. However, I *may* be
> able to put the images as table backgrounds which puts the image urls
> in
> css and therefore your suggestion would work. However, if there is a
> method that does not rely on css styling, that would be great.
> Thanks,
> Tom

TemplaVoila isnt' requiring 3.8.0, if you use version 0.3.0 of TV. TemplaVoila
in conjunction with XHTML and CSS is probably the best way to integrate complex
design into Typo3, and flexible. But it requires some knowlegde of XHTML
and CSS coding. If you look at my companies pages. They are made with only
one HTML-template. The rest is up to different CSS stylesheets. I don't use
tables.

I was thinking the same as you before i started with these page, but came
to following conclusion. Best to use TV and stylesheets.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no