[Typo3] More Content Areas

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Wed Apr 13 17:34:00 CEST 2005

Mihaela Hristache wrote:

>  I saw tha files, but the problem is that I'm not that good with php :( Do you
> have an example so I know how to modifie the files? It would be very, very
> appreciated the help,

Write an ext_table.php file containing the following:
-----------------snip------------------------
<?php
if (!defined ("TYPO3_MODE"))  die ("Access denied.");
$tempColumns = Array (

);

t3lib_div::loadTCA("tt_content");

$TCA["tt_content"]["columns"]["colPos"]["config"]["items"] = array (
"3" => array ("Column 3","3"),
"2" => array ("Column 2","2"),
"1" => array ("Column 1","1"),
"0" => array ("Normal","0"),
"4" => array ("Column Extra 1","4"),
"5" => array ("Column Extra 2","5"),
"n" => array ("Column Extra n","n"),
);
?>
-----------------snip------------------------

As you see you can add as many columns as you want. You will then need to configure them
to be visible in the BE. For this add the following to your Page TSConfig (from the page
on from which you want the new columns to be visible):

mod.SHARED.colPos_list = 3,1,0,2,4,5,n

 > because I have to finish these until tommorow.

You should plan your time better !

greets,
Bernhard
--