[Typo3] htmlcssstyling - linkage between template and pages

David Pratten david at kazserve.org
Tue Apr 12 14:53:19 CEST 2005

Dear Gabor,

See comments below:

> Hi
>
> Does anybody know, how to make the linkage between the HTML
> template and the pages?

If you are using the htmlcssstyling extension, the how-to is described in 1/
the extension's manual and also 2/ in the "doctuthtmlcssstyling" tutorial.
*Why* and *how* it works is described in the Modern Template Building series
of tutorials.

> I created a dummy site, I installed the htmlcssstyling
> extension and I
> crate an empty page, then I make a page structure with the "import
> from .t3d" ( typo3conf/ext/htmlcssstyling/samplepagetree/
> samplepagetree_21-02-2005-z.t3d )
>
> If I see the menu on the page Shared from Root Page Template, I see,
> the linkage works. f.e. "Licensing" point to index.php?id=15. What
> make this inside typo3?

It seems that you have the sample working for one installation.

> I tried create an another dummy site, I copied into a
> template. I could
> make view the template, but the lingage were wrong.

The linkage is dependent on the Constants entered into the Constant Editor.
Navigate in the BackEnd to the page or it's closest parent with a template
record, then using the Template Module; then select the constant editor and
choose category  "HTMLCSS".  See the manual for illustrations.

In particular the Shared Content Linkage is by the actual PageId number of
the page that holds shared content.  This is, of course, variable from
installation to installation.

I hope this helps.

David