[Typo3] RE: "Image Magick not installed"

J. Michael Adams jma26 at bigfoot.com
Tue Apr 12 02:22:20 CEST 2005

Hello -

I'm sorry, I don't know the actual subject of the message I'm responding to. I tried to find it but couldn't.

Someone complained that the Typo3 intstaller said that Image Magick was not installed, even though it clearly was installed.

I had this same problem on my Windows/Apache system, and here's what caused it: the path name of the IM file was too long. It was something like C:\very\very\long\path\to\the\executable\file\magick.exe

I don't know exactly how long is "too long."

Also it wouldn't work with a path that had spaces in it, like "C:\program files\..."

Hope that helps.

- Michael

(PS, this is my first post. Let me know if it's not OK. thanks)