[Typo3] Typo3 vs Plone. What are strenghts and weaknesses?

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 01:52:04 CEST 2005

To add my two-cents (or euro equivalent : ) in addition to all that's
been said prior on this thread:

I recently (in CMS speak ~6 months) started using/learning Typo3.
Zope/Plone was the ONLY other CMS/framework I considered, here are a
few simple reasons I chose Typo3:

1. I'm more familiar with PHP than Python (Mailman being one of the
bigger Python code I've looked through)

2.Plone requires more installations to get going (since I'm right now
the sys-admin/web-monkey/* it's too many hats and then there is
maintanence)
Typo3 had PHP as the only requirement.

3. Zope/Plone 'seemed' to be juggernauts for resources.
Typo3 not as much BUT did I stress test either before making a choice NO : )

4. Plone I thought would work great in a >enterprise situation with
money to throw at hardware (I was attacted to the load
balancing/replication/staging/versioning ideas).
Typo3 for the available features seemed a better option (it has some
of these and other's will come in the future but is currently lagging
behind (?) I think in those areas or who knows someday the small
college I work at can can fund development!).

Plone sites look slick as can be and DIDN'T as I recall seem like
"*Nukes or Slashdot than TYPO3" then again Typo3 takes up most of my
small brain now : )

Robert/Michael I'd be VERY interested in your 'project' and will
assist by blog-comment-spamming when I get a chance.

Cheers

~